Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Digital Studio Birthday Projects

Oy! I feel like I have totally neglected my blog and craft room this week. Between the weather and my kids being sick I feel like I have done absolutely nothing in the last week and a half. I am happy to report that I do have something to post today and this is the first post on my  new laptop. Yay!
So, my boys turned 4 yesterday and I crafted a little hybrid project. I used Stampin Up! My Digital Studio to create a little scallop layered with circles that said Happy Birthday with 4 in the center. I used them to make little birthday banners for their chairs and toppers for their cupcakes.
 To make the banner I used the pizza cut from Simply Charmed (with the shadow feature) and welded it on my gypsy with the scallop border cut from Accent Essentials. I cut it on SU! Celebrations patterned paper. It's not perfect but it worked well enough for my purposes. I cut another pizza in Real Red again with the shadow feature on to layer on top. I cut two 1.5" x 12" strips of Brilliant Blue and scored them at every 1/2". I folded them like an accordion and glued together. I then punched out with my SU large scallop punch the scallop circle I created with MDS. I hung them from my boys chairs with ribbon. They really liked them and noticed them right away when they came out for breakfast yesterday.



For the cupcake toppers I again used my scallop punch to punch them. I also punched scallops of the same size in Real Red for the back. I placed a toothpick in the center and glued them together with Zip Glue. I put my clothespins that have been laid off for the season to work holding them together overnight. I am sure they didn't need to dry that long but I did them late Mon. night and just let them sit overnight. The kids were impressed and I didn't have to do anything fancy to come up with cute looking cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment