Thursday, April 28, 2011

So many crafts so little time.

Wow I have barely had time to check email lately let alone blog. I seriously have a couple hundred email messages to delete. Between the two holidays last week, a death in the family, the nicer weather calling me outside, a new kitty, and the intense gym routine I've been putting myself through I've barely had time to breathe. Today we have to be at the dentist at 10 so I have little time sitting here at the breakfast table. I am going to post the items I've recently finished in the order of completion. I'll apologize now for the lack of photo editing.

I made several of these recycled strawberry Easter baskets. I weaved paper strips through the slats of the baskets and added some spring Cricut cuts. The white bunny face was the easiest and my favorite cut. Simple but cute especially with the addition of PK eyes.

This is one of two baskets I made for my kids. I made it from a recycled Herr's pretzel rods container. I made the same design on both sides of the bucket. I adhered the background of a blue patterned paper and several patterns of green cut to look like hills with mod podge. I cut the eggs from Doodlecharms and the bunny and basket from Create a Critter. I don't remember where the sun came from but I gave him a PK face. I poked holes in the plastic and tied on a ribbon handle. I used lots of scraps in the completion of both of these recycled projects.

My niece is turning 2 on May 9th and my sister asked me to make some treat bags. She wants to have a nature theme and asked me to make something with a bird and a nest. My mom calls my niece chickie girl so this is what I came up with. The nest and chick are from Create a Critter and the hat and balloon are from Simply Charmed. The box itself is from Tags, Bag, Boxes, and More. I used some patterned scraps for the chick and hat and gave the chick a PK face. I added some green easter grass to the nest and some Stickles and white gel pen to embellish the hat and balloon. I plan to make a dozen of these and colors will vary.

Lots more in the works. I completed a simple card for a shoebox swap this weekend, I am working on an adorable gift for my nieces birthday, I have to complete another card for my May swaps (yikes those need to be out Saturday) and I have my monthly scrapbook coming next Wed. Busy Busy Busy. Glad for the rainy day for sure.

1 comment: