Thursday, May 5, 2011

Magnetic Paper Dolls

I am so excited to post these. This is a project that I have been working on for awhile to give my niece Madison for her 2nd birthday. They are all moving to England so they asked that we didn't buy gifts but I thought this was the perfect size to slip in her suitcase. She can play with them while she travels and put them on the fridge when she gets there.


I cut everything at 5". I used my Cricut to cut the magnet, vellum and fabric used to make these dolls. I followed the cutting recommendations in the Above Rubies Studio cutting guide for cutting each of the materials and everything cut well. I will say that I recommend attaching the vellum to the magnet before cutting because it is nearly impossible to apply sticky vinyl to sticky magnet perfectly. I stamped some faces on the dolls with my PK stamps in StayzOn. All the clothes were cut from fabric treated with Stiffy fabric, and then adhered to the magnet. The fabric came from a variety of clothing I had in the house that no longer fit me. I embellished a little bit with bows and my iRock but not too much knowing that a small child will probably rip that stuff off right away. I emptied one of my Stampin Up Hodepodge Hardware sets into another so I could use the tin to put all the dolls and clothes in. They fit perfectly. Just can't wait to give it to her!

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! Great creative minds do think alike..hehe!! I love the fabric outfits and their little faces are so cute! All the little details on these are really great! I know your niece will love them! They're such a creative gift!

    ReplyDelete