Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sandbox Layout

Trying to get back to scrapping my own photos here. Finished another 2 page layout last night from last weeks Let's Scrap sketch. I used some Stampin Up designer paper that's been in my stash for some time. I cut the title from Life's a Beach on Crumb Cake card-stock. I distressed the letters first with Antique Linen TH distress ink and then with Vintage Photo. I ran the letters through my Xyron and stuck them to my splat mat. I then took a black SU marker (the felt tip side) and traced around the outside of the letters on the mat. I was careful to try to keep the marker angled away from the paper because it seemed to bleed into the card-stock if I leaned to close. I really like the effect. It makes the title really pop. I did the same thing to the sand pail that I also cut from Life's a Beach. I had just enough of that orange rick rack you see towards the bottom so I figured that was meant to be. I used a Bazzill In Stitches Guide to poke holes for my stitched border along the bottom. I thought briefly about making more die cuts ( I had in mind a sun and some clouds) but finally decided on a less is more approach. It still took me  plenty of time, and for only three photos! I'll never understand how people do one photo pages!


2 comments:

  1. Great pages! Love the colors and the stitching and distressing:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. I've been having fun playing with my inks indifferent ways lately.

    ReplyDelete