Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Created for Getting Cricky Challenge

 I really liked the layout K. Andrews created for this challenge. I was inspired to create something so that I could participate. I combined the sketch from Let's Scrap and the challenge to use a bird to create this two page layout.


The coolest thing about this layout is that I finally used My Digital Studio from Stampin Up! I created the journaling box and the Ludlow, VT tag with MDS. The patterned paper is something my Mom gave me when she cleaned out her stash. Cardstock is SU in old olive, ruby red pumpkin pie, and brillant blue. You'll see these colors recurring quite frequently in my work. The buttons are also SU. I cute the birds at 3" from the Simply charmed cartridge and embellished with a white gel pen. I am really quite pleased with how it turned out. P.S. Even though I scrapped with photos I photographed it before gluing them down. That way I didn't have to put those silly little circles over my kids faces. Being married to a cop makes you worry about things like putting your kids mugs on the web.

3 comments:

  1. I love you layout Amy, the birds look 3d and are just too cute. I'm so glad you were able to use one of the Let's Scrap sketches to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bird and banner.

    NEW BLOG:
    http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that paper is soooooooooooo cute! DARN I wish I could find it! Go mom for giving you such great stuff! lol
    I love the colors you chose for this layout--it's just absolutely darling!
    Thank you so much for playing my Cricut Challenge at Getting Cricky for Nates ABC Cart.

    ReplyDelete